Monday, February 8, 2010

Ink (2009)


Okey, I'm having such a cold today that I just can't write reviews. My brain can't focus and collect such advanced thoughts on taste and story. BUT there's one movie that I need to just say "watch it" about, Ink. This sleeper-hit was first a success on torrent-sites, and was so popular that it made the dvd and blu-ray sell like... nothing else!

One reason I'm not writing a review of this movie is that so many others have done it already, and I think everyone loves it. It's an original, poetic, visually amazing indie-movie with cool effects, a great story (the concept is perfect) and just one of those movies that makes your heart beat a little extra.

There's one scene (1... 2... 3... 4...) that I consider is one of the best scenes I've seen in many years, and wow. I get goosebumps think of it. You can buy it at their official page, and do it. You will not regret it. I bought the blu-ray, and the transfer is stunning. It was almost unreal watching it, and the amazing quality made the movie even more impressive. This is an indie-movie far from those murky, "realistic" genreflicks you've seen so much.
This is an A-movie with a C-movie budget. And the story and execution is A+!

1 comment:

Rebus said...

Hey Fred,
thank you so much for this diamond!!
I am a sci fi lover for many years and this gem touched my heart and my brain!!
Greetings from Greece!
Keep up the good work!